United States District Court, E.D. North Carolina, Southern Division
ORDER & MEMORANDUM AND RECOMMENDATION
KIMBERLY A. SWANK, Magistrate Judge.
This matter is before the court on the following motions filed by Defendant Grant McKoy:
1. Motion for Inculpatory Statements, filed August 20, 2014 [DE #229];
2. Motion for Early Disclosure of Brady/Giglio Material, filed August 19, 2014 [DE #223];
3. Motion for Bill of Particulars, filed August 19, 2014 [DE #225];
4. Motion to Disclose Promises and Inducements, filed August 20, 2014 [DE #228];
5. Motion to Sequester Government Witnesses, filed August 19, 2014 [DE #224];
6. Request for Notice of Intent to Use Rule 404(b) Evidence, filed August 19, 2014 [DE #226]; and
7. Motion to Dismiss, filed August 19, 2014 [DE #227].
The government has responded to Defendant's motions, and the time for further filings has expired. The motions were referred to the undersigned for decision or recommendation, as appropriate, by United States District Judge Louise W. Flanagan.
Defendant Grant McKoy is one of twelve defendants in this case. On May 27, 2014, a federal grand jury returned a true bill of indictment charging McKoy with conspiracy to distribute and possess with the intent to distribute a quantity of cocaine, in violation of 21 U.S.C. § 846 and conspiracy to import a quantity of cocaine into the United States, in violation of 21 U.S.C. §§ 952(a), 960 and 963. McKoy is set to be arraigned on September 17, 2014. Before the court are a number of pretrial motions filed by McKoy.
I. Motion to Sequester ...