United States District Court, E.D. North Carolina, Western Division
PRELIMINARY ORDER OF FORFEITURE
TERRENCE W. BOYLE United States District Judge
pursuant to the entry of the Memorandum of Plea Agreement
entered into by the defendant, Douglas Earl Register, on
March 7, 2017, the Court finds that the following property is
hereby forfeitable pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 853, to wit:
1) One 2009 Nissan MAXIMA - VIN: 1N4AA51E79C812275;
2) One 2013 Carolina Skiff Boat - VIN: EKH3J205D313
3) One 2013 WESCO Trailer - VIN: 1W7B1221D1002170
4) One 2007 Nissan Armada - VIN: 5N1BA08A27N708133; and
5) The items listed in Attachment A attached hereto and
incorporated-herein by reference.
500 in U.S. Currency in lieu of one approximately .67 acre
tract of real property, with all improvements thereto,
located in Harnett County, North Carolina, and more fully
described in a deed recorded in book 01495, page 0473 of the
Harnett County Registry, being titled in the names of Douglas
Earl Register and wife, Lori Denise Jones Register, and
having the street address of 192 Bears Lane, Dunn, North
WHEREAS, by virtue of said Memorandum of Plea Agreement the
United States is now entitled to possession of said property,
as allowed by Fed. R. Crim. P. 32.2 (b)(3);
hereby ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED:
based upon the Memorandum of Plea Agreement as to the
defendant, Douglas Earl Register, the United States is hereby
AUTHORIZED to seize the above-stated property and currency,
and they are hereby forfeited to the United States for
disposition in accordance with the law, including
destruction, subject to the provisions of 21 U.S.C. §
853(n), as allowed by Fed. R. Crim. P. 32.2(b)(3). In
accordance with Fed. R. Crim. P. 32.2(b)(4)(A), this Order is
final as to the defendant upon entry.
upon sentencing and issuance of the Judgment and Commitment
Order, the Clerk of Court is directed to incorporate a
reference to this Order of Forfeiture in the applicable
section of the Judgment, as required by Fed. R. Crim. P.
Pursuant to 21 U.S.C. § 853 (n), the United States shall
publish notice of this Order and of its intent to dispose of
the property in such manner as the Attorney General or the
Secretary of Treasury, by publishing and sending notice in
the same manner as in civil forfeiture cases, as provided in
Supplemental Rule G(4). Any person other than the defendant,
having or claiming any legal interest in the subject property
must file a petition with the Court within 30 days of the
publication of notice or of receipt of actual notice,
whichever is earlier.
petition must be signed by the petitioner under penalty of
perjury and shall set forth the nature and extent of the
petitioner's right, title, or interest in the subject
property, and must include any additional facts supporting
the petitioner's claim and the relief sought.
upon adjudication of all third party interests this Court
will enter a Final Order of Forfeiture pursuant to 21 U.S.C.
§ 853, as required by Fed. R. Crim. P. 32.2(c).
(1) brown. and blued Mossberg 500C pump shotgun.
(1) Harrington & Richardson .410 single shot shotgun-.
with serial number" AR210150.
(1) black and silver Mossberg 500 shotgun with serial number
(1) silver and green Ruger 10-22 semi-automatic rifle with
serial number 245-3518.
(1) black and silver Ruger P345 semi-automatic handgun with
serial number 665-04944.
(1) black Taurus .38 Special revolver with serial number
(1) brown and blued Browning 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun
with serial number 35362.
(1) black and silver Smith and Wesson .38 Special revolver
with serial number CUV3771.
(1) silver and pink Smith and Wesson .38 Special Airweight
revolver with serial number CHU2591.
(1) brown and black Winchester .22 caliber rifle with serial
(1) EIG-EIBAR .410'bolt action shotgun with serial number
(1) black and brown Remington 870 20 gauge pump shotgun with
serial number AB040993U.
(1) black and brown Remington 870 12 gauge pump shotgun with